Welcome to Montana Tech's High Performance Computing Cluster
From Montana Tech High Performance Computing
Revision as of 15:41, 27 December 2022 by Bdeng
Supporting the Computational Science and Research Needs of Montana
Montana Tech's High Performance Computing (HPC) architecture debuted as the first HPC in Montana University System (MUS) and it has been designed to support collaborative research and instruction within Montana MUS. Funded by the Montana Department of commerce as a MUS-wide initiative, this computing cluster is available to faculty, students, researchers, and public/private industry collaborators.
Montana Tech's HPC is a small cluster consists of 26 nodes with 544 cores. Two of the nodes are GPU nodes adding 7488 CUDA cores. The nodes are connected with 40Gbps InfiniBand and have access to 91 TB storage sytems. The theoretical peak performance of the entire cluster is about 21 TFLOPS.
Associated with the HPC are two 3D data visualization systems with a variety of visualization software packages. Both 3D visualization systems are equipped with either 108" stereo projection wall or 70" 3D TV, shutter glasses, and a tracking system to enable researcher to directly interact with the 3D imagery.
Montana Tech currently pays for the system support. We hope current and future researchers will incorporate the facilities into their grant proposals to fund system expansion and future support. Researchers can also propose infrastructure expansions, if funding is available.
- Multiphysics Simulations
- Molecular Dynamics
- Statistical Simulations
- Gene Analysis
- Current Cluster Status (Ganglia)
- 12/27/2022 We will be migrating the system from CentOS7 to Rocky8 in the winter break.
- 03/05/2020 We have migrated to SLURM from Torque/Moab. Documentation will be updated.
- 08/20/2019 Four new compute nodes featuring the latest Xeon Platinum processors has arrived
- 03/06/2018 New Visualization workstation online
- 02/15/2018 Tensorflow with GPU support is now on HPC
- 02/13/2018 New server ordered for upgrading Visulization workstation!